Lomond Industrial Estate
G83 0TL

T: 01389 720111
F: 01389 720674



skip sizes



builders merchants

If you are hiring a skip that is to be placed on the road (public highway) then you may need a permit.

Permits vary depending on the council including the costs and expiry dates so it's best to give yourself at least three days to arrange one.

Most councils require you to apply directly for a permit and it will last for a maximum of 4 weeks from the date of issue.

Permits can last for anything between 1 day and 14 days. Longer periods additional applications should be made.

Skips should always be placed on the carriageway where possible and if placing on footways or grass verges an agreed method of protecting the surface should be carried out.